Is a Garage Suite Right for you?
- Do you want to earn additional revenue (up to $1400/month)? – it can be a mortgage helper or just be a new source of income.
- Do you have a parent that wants to live independently but needs some help? Assisted living costs start at about $3,000/month
- Do you have a young adult attending college or university that wants independence? – the cost of a one-bdrm apt at the U of Alberta is $1,150/mth for 11 mth lease.
- Do you need space for a live-in nanny? You can deduct approx. $370/month room and board from your child care costs.
- Do you want to have a space for guests that gives you and your guests privacy or that flex space for hobbies and interests? Priceless…
Garage Suite – what you get
- 23.5 x 23.5 ft double garage with a 552 ft2 one-bedroom suite above the garage
- All permitting and applications
- Demolition and site clearing
- Premium quality construction and materials
- Energy efficient design
- 5 appliances
- A $10,000 credit on deep services costs included
All for under $200,000 (GST included)
Our Competitive Edge
We can provide our traditional stick-built custom or a modular option. Both have unique benefits that can be tailored to meet your needs. We have a superior reputation in the industry on our own, but we are also partnering with a modular builder committed to the traditional Michael Homes Inc quality. Modular building has evolved and is an effective alternative to the time-consuming and weather-dependent traditional stick-building. Modular structures are built in a controlled factory where less waste is produced, and they are subject to the same building codes and new home warranty requirements of traditional stick-build homes. Many traditional builders have incorporated modular building into their processes. With a modular builder, you can count on the construction times and possession date commitments simply by taking the weather delays out of the question. The time from your signing your contract to possession – weeks. For older established neighbourhoods, activity on your site can be less than 10 days. Many traditional builders have incorporated modular building into their processes.
We have a strategic partnership with a leading mortgage company and they are available to help you whether you need a new mortgage or want to finance you garage suite through your existing mortgage. As well, they are experts in CHIP reverse mortgages and can lead you through that process. You can build a garage suite with a mortgage payment between $700 and $800/month with a revenue potential of $1,400/month. Using a CHIP Reverse Mortgage to fund the garage suite, you can add $1,400 to your monthly income.
We work for you
If you are looking for something unique to your needs, custom designs are also available.
- make your experience hassle-free;
- make your needs our priority;
- respect your community and your neighbours;
- make a donation to your local community league;
- offer superior construction by our licensed builders; and
- offer quality and durability, backed up by a new home warranty